That which everybody knew has now been confirmed: The Obama administration admits to using drones to kill four Americans overseas.
- IRS apparatchik Lois Lerner waived her Fifth Amendment rights by first reading a statement asserting her innocence, claims House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa. Experts debate that point, but it seems like a good time to point out: if you're going to shut up, just shut up.
- Sen. Ted Cruz says he doesn't trust Republicans any more than Democrats to deal with the federal government's longstanding spending addiction.
- Settling lawsuits against a Brooklyn narcotics unit has become a major expenditure for New York City, costing the rotten apple $1.5 million so far. The unit's officer in charge has also been promoted.
- Charles Ramsey, who helped rescue four kidnap victims held captive on Cleveland's West Side for a decade, has been promised free hamburgers for life by a dozen restaurants. He'll sure as hell be eating better than Ariel Castro.
- Weep not for the unwiped bottoms of Venezuela. The country's government has allocated money to import 39 million rolls of toilet paper to alleviate the shortage. Truly, they have mastered economic planning.
- A British government emergency committee meets in the wake of a brutal, public murder of a soldier, which was apparently staged as an act of terrorism.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.