In an ongoing situation in Watertown, Massachusetts police are in a standoff with alleged Boston Marathon suspect Dzhokar Tsarnaev, whose brother has already been killed. It began last night with a firefight that left one cop dead. All public transit in the Boston area has been suspended while police pursue the remaining suspect.
- NRA chief David Keene said the president's throwing a "tantrum" after facing the biggest defeat of his presidency with the failed gun control measures, and that it's the result of Obama biting off more than he can chew.
- Another suicide bombing in Iraq has left at least 32 dead in Baghdad.
- U.S. forces being sent to Jordan are a signal American involvement in the Syrian conflict is increasing.
- Former President Pervez Musharraf has been taken into custody in Pakistan; he returned from self-imposed exile to participate in the May parliamentary elections.
- Haiti will be naming one of its international airports after Hugo Chavez.
- NASA scientists say they found three potentially habitable extrasolar planets, all at least 1,000 light years away.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.