Between five and 15 people died, and at least 140 were injured, in an explosion at a fertilizer plant in Texas.
- President Obama's signature health care plan is headed for a "train wreck," warns Democratic Sen. Max Baucus, who helped write the horrible thing.
- Obama got the vote he wanted on gun control. Then he got all pissy because it didn't go his way.
- Letters that tested positive for the poison ricin and disrupted life in the nation's capital have been traced to Kenneth Curtis of Tupelo, Mississippi, who is in a bit of hot water.
- New York's new gun restrictions were passed for ideological reasons, not to make anybody safer, says a letter sent to the governor by the Albany Police Officers Union. The letter goes on to blast the law as morally wrong.
- Medical marijuana won a nod from the Illinois House, which voted for a four-year pilot program permitting the stuff. Don't get your hopes up — it's still Illinois.
- Taking blood samples from DUI suspects requires a warrant, says the U.S. Supreme Court. So police across the country will have to find another excuse for jabbing motorists with sharp sticks.
Spice up your blog or Website with Reason 24/7news and Reason articles! You can easily add a widget here.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter: @reason247