- The Boston bombs were apparently made from explosives and shrapnel packed into pressure cookers. One of the victims was eight-year-old Martin Richard, whose mother and sister were seriously injured. Krystle M. Campbell, 29, was also killed. A third victim has yet to be identified.
- The Internal Revenue Service is ignoring inquiries about its apparent position that pawing through Americans' email requires no warrant. But your notes to your stockbroker — those they find interesting.
- Even after Bitcoin value took a plunge, Argentines find it a better store of value than their own money, and an effective way to escape currency controls.
- Regal Entertainment Group, America's largest theater chain, is cutting back on employees' hours because … You guessed it! Obamacare is driving up labor costs.
- States are taking the lead on limiting the use of drones in surveillance. Of course, their efforts don't touch the feds.
- U.S. commanders in Afghanistan want to see how local troops handle the job before deciding how many Americans need to stay.
- Taking a very modern approach to governing, many socially conservative state officials have dropped efforts to ban abortion, and are instead trying to regulate it out of existence. Hmmm … Wonder where they got that idea …
Spice up your blog or Website with Reason 24/7news and Reason articles! You can easily add a widget here.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter: @reason247