Sen. Rand Paul is filibustering the vote on John Brennan's confirmation as CIA chief in an attempt to extract explanations from the Obama administration about its justification for assassinating accused terrorists outside and inside the United States. And Reason 24/7 livetweets that filibuster.
- Rather than see the European Union's preferred reforms spurned, Italy's Prime Minister Mario Monti threatens to hold out for another election. Well, that should help things.
- Chicago police face a lawsuit after SWAT raided the wrong house and held grandparents and kids at gunpoint. Yes, they killed the dog.
- Colorado officials want to collect DNA from people convicted of misdemeanors. Traffic offenses, next!
- Venezuela's Defense Ministry has thrown its support to Hugo Chavez's designated successor in the upcoming election. Not surprisingly, the country's military isn't really supposed to do that. Good luck, folks!
- While he was in office, Anne Arundel County, Maryland, Executive John Leopold maintained a secret system of 500 surveillance cameras located in county government buildings. His successor is removing them, which seems like a nice idea.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter: @reason247