- A Nebraska lawmaker has introduced legislation that would bar police from using drones to obtain evidence and would make evidence gathered by drones inadmissible in criminal prosecutions.
- A civil forfeiture action against the Motel Caswell was dismissed by a federal court in Massachusetts. Owners Russell and Patricia Caswell were cleared of any wrongdoing.
- The LAPD used a cell phone spy tool called StingRay 21 times over a four-month period is 2012. The tool is supposed to be used in anti-terrorism investigations.
- Senior New Jersey Senator Frank Lautenberg has criticized Newark Mayor Cory Booker, who is rumored to be eyeing the Senator's seat.
- J.J. Abrams will direct the new Star Wars movie.
- Egyptian youths clashed with police in Cairo on the second anniversary of the revolt that toppled Hosni Mubarak.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter: @reason247