Rep. Steve Israel wants to ban 3D-printing of "high-capacity" gun magazines, which is a lot like proposing a law telling people what they can do with their photocopiers and drill-presses. Dream on, Steve. Meanwhile, despite much huffing and puffing, President Obama really didn't test the limits of his claimed anti-gun authority with the executive orders he issued yesterday.
- That federal money the president wants to investigate a connection between violent video games and real-world violence is chasing after a lot of other efforts that have never found any such link. But if they just try harder …
- Germany wants its gold reserves back from the United States and France. What? You don't trust us?
- The White House may have brushed off that oh-so-2012 secessionist fervor, but Texas separatists still want out, and they're getting sympathetic hearings from state politicians.
- NASA and the European Space Agency are working together to plan the first manned space missions beyond the Earth's orbit in 40 years. Hopefully, they'll let the Germans do the engineering, the French do the menu-planning, and the Italians …
- Some of the hostages held by Islamists at a remote Algerian gas plant appear to have escaped. Yeah, I know what you're thinking: Another Ben Affleck movie in the making.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter: @reason247