Scathing Benghazi Report, Bogus Spending Cuts, Mars Needs … Microbes: P.M. Links
The State Department, the Defense Department and the Obama administration as a whole get a thorough reaming in a Senate report on the Benghazi fiasco. Expect major repercussions— I'm kidding, of course. Nothing will happen.
- Increasingly euro-skeptical Britain could be offered second-class "associate member" status say senior officials in Brussels. Given Angela Merkels's oh-so-reassuring take on matters European, that might be a nice first step toward the exit.
- Just a reminder: Those trillions and trillions of dollars in "spending cuts" under discussion in D.C. don't involve any actual spending cuts at all.
- Stepping up the excitement quotient on the looming new year, China dispatched its newest warship to assert its claim to the disputed and resource-rich Spratly Islands.
- Scientists say that very basic Earthlife could survive and reproduce on Mars. This includes microbes and, possibly, your in-laws.
- Erika Menendez apparently shoved Sunando Sen in the path of a speeding subway train because she hates Muslims and Hindus. When, oh when, will we ban these lethal mass-transit devices?
- The family of pregnant Caitlan Coleman, missing with her husband in Afghanistan, have made a new appeal for her safe return. The two, apparently lacking any survival instincts, were traveling across central Asia.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com
The updated Reason app for Apple and Android now includes Reason 24/7!
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content.