President Obama is reportedly working on a "mini-deal" on the fiscal cliff.
- The Senate approved a reauthorization of FISA, which allows the government to conduct warrantless wiretapping at home.
- The latest White House petition demands the White House respond to petitions. It's right there in the First Amendment.
- Gun sales in California are up over the last ten years as gun-related injuries and deaths are down.
- The hacker group Anonymous is demanding the Manteca Police Department in California fire an officer who shot a parolee eleven times in his driveway.
- The IRS placed a $4 million lien against comedian Katt Williams, providing more evidence for his government is pimps theory.
- MSNBC's president says Chris Matthews is a statesman.
- France's Socialist president has declared 2013 a battle for jobs, though given the policies in 2012, it'll probably feel like a battle against them.
- George H.W. Bush is still in the intensive care unit, but his family says his condition is improving with the former president singing to his doctors and nurses.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!