Fiscal Cliff "Mini-Deal" in the Works, Senate Reauthorizes Warrantless Wiretapping, White House Petition Demands Response to Petitions: P.M. Links
President Obama is reportedly working on a "mini-deal" on the fiscal cliff.
- The Senate approved a reauthorization of FISA, which allows the government to conduct warrantless wiretapping at home.
- The latest White House petition demands the White House respond to petitions. It's right there in the First Amendment.
- Gun sales in California are up over the last ten years as gun-related injuries and deaths are down.
- The hacker group Anonymous is demanding the Manteca Police Department in California fire an officer who shot a parolee eleven times in his driveway.
- The IRS placed a $4 million lien against comedian Katt Williams, providing more evidence for his government is pimps theory.
- MSNBC's president says Chris Matthews is a statesman.
- France's Socialist president has declared 2013 a battle for jobs, though given the policies in 2012, it'll probably feel like a battle against them.
- George H.W. Bush is still in the intensive care unit, but his family says his condition is improving with the former president singing to his doctors and nurses.
Follow Reason on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!
The updated Reason app for Apple and Android now includes Reason 24/7!