Reid Says Fiscal Cliff Plan is in GOP's Court, Rebels Are on Their Way to CAR's Capital, LA Collects Guns in Buyback, French Jobless Rate Increasing: P.M. Links
- Sen. Harry Reid has said that it is up to the Republicans to come up with a fiscal cliff plan that the president can sign.
- Consumer confidence is down, thanks in large part to the fiscal cliff fiasco.
- LA officials have collected 2037 firearms in their post-Christmas gun buyback program. Participants collected gift cards valued between $100 and $200 in exchange for handing in weapons.
- Rebels are on their way to the Central African Republic's capital.
- Matt Damon is giving up on politics, saying that the whole system is rigged. The system can't be that flawed, Damon admits to voting for Obama.
- Six people have died in Poland after being poisoned by tainted alcohol.
- The French jobless rate is up. Turns out increasing the minimum wage and the income tax rate for the wealthy isn't that great for job creation. Who knew?!
Follow Reason on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!
The updated Reason app for Apple and Android now includes Reason 24/7!