- Sen. Harry Reid has said that it is up to the Republicans to come up with a fiscal cliff plan that the president can sign.
- Consumer confidence is down, thanks in large part to the fiscal cliff fiasco.
- LA officials have collected 2037 firearms in their post-Christmas gun buyback program. Participants collected gift cards valued between $100 and $200 in exchange for handing in weapons.
- Rebels are on their way to the Central African Republic's capital.
- Matt Damon is giving up on politics, saying that the whole system is rigged. The system can't be that flawed, Damon admits to voting for Obama.
- Six people have died in Poland after being poisoned by tainted alcohol.
- The French jobless rate is up. Turns out increasing the minimum wage and the income tax rate for the wealthy isn't that great for job creation. Who knew?!
Have a news tip? Send it to us!