The White House responded to a petition for more restrictions on firearms with a video asking for help in making a "real meaningful difference." Wouldn't that kind of difference be counter to the petition? Meanwhile, John Boehner rejected a Democratic call for a rushed vote on gun laws.
- House Republican leaders yanked their proposed tax-raising "Plan B," saying it's a wee bit shy of votes.
- Julian Assange says Wikileaks will release one million documents in the next year, affecting every country in the world. Keep 'em coming.
- The UN Security Council gave thumbs-up to an African-led military force that will try to oust Islamists from northern Mali. Reservists probably shouldn't unpack.
- France declared victory and brought the last of its troops home from Afghanistan. Some other nations might want to consider that strategy.
- A Las Vegas grand jury decided against indicting a police officer who shot and killed an unarmed, disabled Gulf War veteran last year. Hey, cops need their practice swings.
- Ben Affleck may run for the U.S. Senate from Massachussetts. Well, he wouldn't be the most clueless lawmaker.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content.