President Obama set a deadline of January for the introduction of new infringements on the rights of self-defense and weapons ownership.
- More pissing back and forth between Boehner and Obama about fiscal cliff proposals.
- At least three State Department employees resigned after the release of a report containing damning criticism of the lack of security at the Benghazi consulate. Hillary was not among them.
- The list of potential ambassadors contains four Hollywood-based donors to a certain winning candidate in the recent presidentiaal election.
- Montana Gov. Brian Schweitzer isn't endorsing gun control in his reaction to the Newtown shooting, but don't worry, he's still an authoritarian. His chosen target is video games.
- The IMF wants European nations to financially back yet another tottering government. This week's selection is … Ireland!
- Some public unions in Illinois say their members will consider paying more for their pensions if the state will guarantee its own payments. Of course, they also want to sock it to businesses, tax-wise.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content.