A petition calling on President Obama to push for tighter restrictions on firearms has 145,000 signatures. There are no reports yet of a petition to magically make gun restrictions effective or enforceable.
- The first funerals for victims of the Sandy Hook massacre — two six-year-old boys — were held.
- A Government Accountability Office report finds the TSA is primarily concerned with … self-preservation. A bureaucracy took on a life of its own? Shocking.
- A study of ten nations found no relation at all between video games and murder. So, of course … it will be ignored.
- Blueseed, a planned ship-based high-tech business community, has raised start-up capital.
- You might want to hold off on that vacation on the Nile. After the passage of an Islamist-backed constitution, the opposition is calling for more protests.
- Cops in Paragould, Arkansas, will soon patrol the streets in combat gear, carrying AR-15s, randomly demanding identification. No, this isn't a joke.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content.