The flood of new money promised by the Federal Reserve for 2013 will likely exceed $1 trillion. Break out the wheelbarrows.
- Khaled El-Masri, who was renditioned and tortured under CIA authority, won a case against the spy agency in the European Court of Human Rights. Good luck with that.
- Russia and NATO say that Syria's rather nasty regime is nearing collapse.
- Eighteen Democratic U.S. senators and senators-elect are objecting to a new tax on medical devices that's already killing jobs and discouraging innovation. It's part of Obamacare, which Democrats pushed through.
- High-performing charter schools are now being wooed to open new branches by localities seeking education approaches that actually work. Which is, more or less, what's supposed to happen.
- A private group has constructed a DIY drone armed with a paintball gun, potentially giving CopWatch programs a lot more oomph.
- Taser International won a product liability lawsuit brought on behalf of a man who suffered cardiac arrest and long-term brain damage after being zapped. The company now warns police to "avoid chest shots," which is … helpful.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content.