The Fed will continue its economic intervention, purchasing more debt and printing more money.
- Some Congressional Republicans are okay with the defense spending growth reductions set to kick in at the fiscal cliff. Shock. Awe.
- Authorities in California are rapidly ratcheting up surveillance in public spaces.
- Germany may be on board with giving the European Central Bank regulatory powers over all continental banks.
- Uruguay's lower house approved legislation legalizing gay marriage, with the senate likely to pass it too. The president says he'll sign it.
- Cuba slouches toward freedom.
- Scientists have found seven habitable planets in the galaxy so far, but not Nibiru.
- Last call for Reason's webathon!
Have a news tip? Send it to us!