Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner says the White House is ready and willing to plunge over the fiscal cliff if the president doesn't get his way. Only the fiscal one? Because there are others …
- Tanks are now on the streets of Cairo, but only to keep the battling factions apart. Right.
- FAA records released by the Electronic Frontier Foundation show that the military makes extensive domestic use of drones. Apparently, operators even track civilian automobiles for giggles.
- A new study shows that young doctors have minimal interest in going into primary care, even as the physician shortage is likely to get critical under Obamacare. You mean they don't want to get nickel-and-dimed by Medicaid? Bastards.
- Any of the above depress you? Marijuana and gay marriage are legal in Washington, today! So, if you're in the neighborhood, go and get some of whichever you prefer.
- Are you enjoying your TSA experience? A new study reports that the United States actually faces little risk of another terrorist attack.
- Antivirus pioneer John McAfee has been busted in Guatemala which plans to send him back to Belize for questioning about a murder. Having corresponded with the guy, I can say: Nope, I don't know what he's doing, either.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content.