- Tea Party-backed GOP Indiana Senate candidate Richard Mourdock said that pregnancies from rape are intended by God.
- The Syrian government has agreed to observe a cease-fire during Eid al-Adha, says the UN envoy to Syria.
- "Gone With the Wind" is a hit in North Korea. The government, which enforces some of the strictest censorship laws in the world, publishes the American classic.
- Hamas fired rockets into southern Israel Wednesday afternoon, injuring five. Israel responded with strikes on Hamas mortar crews.
- Gold has hit a seven week low ahead of the Fed's policy statement expected later today.
- Two brothers have been charged with the murder of a 12-year-old girl. The boy's mother alerted police after finding a potentially implicating Facebook posting.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!