Intelligence sources say the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi came out of the blue, with no preceding demonstration to support allegations of local anger over a film ridiculing Islam.
- President Obama will file a trade complaint against China over alleged subsidies of cars and car parts. What's the harm in picking a fight with a major trade partner?
- Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romneyis is switching his campaign message from "it's the economy, stupid" to some kind of attack on the status quo. Umm … OK.
- Concerns about radiation exposure have killed the adoption of airport full-body scanners in Europe. But you're not in Europe, are you?
- Maybe Chicago public school teachers are good judges of education after all — nearly 40 percent of them send their children to private schools. Meanwhile, teachers are also on strike in suburban Lake Forest, Illinois. It seems their average $100,000 salaries aren't quite enough.
- GM may continue to stand for "Government Motors." Despite company pressure, the Treasury Department wants to hold on to its stake in the automaker.
- California's Mi Pueblo food chain, which was founded by an illegal immigrant and caters to the Hispanic community, says it has signed on to the E-Verify program under "tremendous pressure" from the federal government.
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content.