- A government helicopter has been shot down in Damascus. Rebels have taken credit for bringing the chopper down as fighting intensifies in Syria.
- Samsung shares are down 7 percent on the first day of trading since a California jury ruled in favor of Apple in a recent patent suit. The loss is worth 10 billion euros.
- Scientists can now "hack" the human brain and retrieve data, including bank details.
- Nineteen people have been beheaded in Afghanistan by the Taliban for attending a mix-gender party.
- Texas may stop charging prostitutes as felons. Turns out those arrested and imprisoned for victimless crimes are using up valuable time and resources.
- Iran is urging other members of the Non-Aligned Movement to oppose unilateral sanctions by "certain states".
- A web comic has raised over $1 million for a Tesla Museum. New York's state government will match funds raised by the campaign to "build a goddamn Tesla Museum."