Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four other accused co-conspirators are expected to go to trial at Guantanamo Bay in 2016 for their roles in the 9/11 attacks. That's just fifteen years after the fact.
- The Republican National Convention may be postponed by the approach of Isaac, which is clearly a left-leaning storm.
- The Obama administration has been issuing major regulations at twice the Bush administration's already impressive rate. The cost of complying with such regulations is expected to reduce the gross domestic product by anywhere from $240 billion to $630 billion in 2012.
- Amazon's map of political book-buying trends shows conservative-leaning tomes predominating everywhere in the U.S. but a small cluster of states in the East.
- The publication of a book about the raid on Osama bin Laden's compound, written by a Navy SEAL who participated, comes as a surprise to the White House — and the rest of the government.
- You know those snapshots of your license plate that Customs and Border Patrol has been capturing? Yeah. They're sharing them with your insurance company.
- An "independent" reviewer of White House energy loans is now an Obama donor. Ah. So that's how it works.
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content.