GOP Senate hopeful Todd Akin is so sorry he suggested that "legitimate" rape rarely makes women pregnant, and he may quit the race. As for reminding us what's so off-putting about the modern Republican Party … Thanks, Todd.
- "I didn't make that!" Barack Obama wants you to know, when it comes to a political ad suggesting that Mitt Romney feeds on the souls of dead poor people, Or something like that.
- Lance Armstrong's lawsuit against the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency was tossed by a federal judge. He will, after all, have to face an inquisition into the purity of his precious bodily fluids.
- Gu Kailai, the wife of a disgraced Chinese Communist Party boss, won't get a bullet in the back of the head after all. After being found guilty of murdering a British businessman, she faces life in prison, instead.
- Remember Chavis Carter, who was shot in the head while his hands were handcuffed behind him and he was locked in a patrol car? Suicide, says the state crime lab report. Uh huh.
- Back in the '60s, the Black Panther Party got weapons and training from … Can you guess? It was the FBI.
- Occupiers aren't commies out to suppress voluntary transactions — except when they're former union bosses now working as organizers for the Occupy movement.
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content.