Obama supporters pitch the president as the most pro-gay ever. However, Mitt Romney articulated opposition to the Boy Scouts' ban on gays first, and the president says even though he opposes the ban on gay scouts he won't step down as honorary chair of the organization. Not as brave as the ten year olds who quit in protest I guess?
- The company formerly known as Blackwater admitted to wrongdoing ranging from possessing weapons illegally to doing business with prohibited countries. It will pay a 7.5 million dollar fine and avoid prosecution. No executives had to take any personal responsibility.
- A Florida woman claims in a lawsuit she was pulled over for a rolling stop and had a gun pointed at her by a cop who then removed her tampon.
- The parents of an 11-year-old girl have been arrested; she accused her father of waterboarding her while her mother looked on.
- The metalcore band Hatebreed wants an apology from CNN, who mistakenly included them in a segment about hatecore and the Sikh temple shooting.
- No vibrator for you, says Mayor Bloomberg. The city cancelled a giveaway by the company Trojan yesterday.
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content.