Justice Anthony Kennedy, once considered the swing vote in the ObamaCare case, read his dissent from the bench, saying, "In our view, the act before us is invalid in its entirety." He slammed his ACA-supporting colleagues for "a vast judicial overreaching." The strongly worded dissent has some folks shivering.
- Senator Rand Paul says screw the Supreme Court, "Just because a couple people on the Supreme Court declare something to be 'constitutional' does not make it so. The whole thing remains unconstitutional."
- Senator Marco Rubio warns that the Supreme Court's tax-reasoned support for the Affordable Care Act "put all of these millions of Americans at odds and at war with the IRS."
- The unusual rationale for the Affordable Care Act ruling caught legal scholars off-guard. "Many people were stunned."
- The Supreme Court's decision, while upholding ObamaCare, left intact the presumption that the government cannot mandate that people engage in economic activity.
- Now all of the fun moves to Congress, so the debate over government's role in health care continues.
The law is an ass, cleft and all.
Trump Says Congresswomen He Told to 'Go Back' to Countries They 'Originally Came From' Should 'Apologize to Our Country'
Plus: blockchain battles in Congress, mandating diaper tables in men's rooms, and more...
Phillip Brailsford was acquitted of murder for a shooting captured on video that subsequently drew national outrage. Now he's getting paid for it.