Justice Anthony Kennedy, once considered the swing vote in the ObamaCare case, read his dissent from the bench, saying, "In our view, the act before us is invalid in its entirety." He slammed his ACA-supporting colleagues for "a vast judicial overreaching." The strongly worded dissent has some folks shivering.
- Senator Rand Paul says screw the Supreme Court, "Just because a couple people on the Supreme Court declare something to be 'constitutional' does not make it so. The whole thing remains unconstitutional."
- Senator Marco Rubio warns that the Supreme Court's tax-reasoned support for the Affordable Care Act "put all of these millions of Americans at odds and at war with the IRS."
- The unusual rationale for the Affordable Care Act ruling caught legal scholars off-guard. "Many people were stunned."
- The Supreme Court's decision, while upholding ObamaCare, left intact the presumption that the government cannot mandate that people engage in economic activity.
- Now all of the fun moves to Congress, so the debate over government's role in health care continues.
Offbeat options for waiting out the apocalypse.
Rules designed to keep alcohol safe for children are slowing down production of a product that’s in short supply.
A new study in Lancet Infectious Diseases makes a somewhat lower estimate
Early and wide testing help curtail the epidemic while casting light on the prevalence and lethality of the virus.
“The federal government forgot the Tenth Amendment and the structure of the Constitution itself.”