Revolutionary Romneycare, Obama Channels His Inner Monarch, Death Race New Jersey Style: P.M. Links
Romney plan to decouple healthcare from employment with tax incentives for individual plans wins praise — and criticism — for being more revolutionary than Obamacare.
- President Obama is channeling his inner monarch by wielding the same sort of unilateral executive power that he criticized in his predecessor.
- Right-wing-populist candidate Marine Le Pen may well be the king-maker in France's presidential run-off after she pulled an unexpectedly large 18% of the vote.
- Medicare has overpaid tens of millions of dollars in bonuses to physicians in "underserved" areas that the feds fully knew didn't qualify.
- The police chief of Sanford, Florida, under fire for his handling of the Trayvon Martin case, has announced his intention to resign.
- Minesota's Democratic Party wants to trim the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution so that free speech rights won't apply to corporations, and to permit any and all restrictions on political spending.
- It's good to have uniformed friends — especially in New Jersey, where state police led a caravan of expensive sports cars on a high-speed cruise.
Do you want hot links and other Reason goodies delivered to your inbox twice a day? Sign up here for Reason's morning and afternoon news updates.