Shah Rukh Khan, one of Bollywood's biggest stars, was detained at the White Plains Airport in New York for two hours before being allowed into the country. Indian officials say a "mechanical apology" is inadequate.
- Officials from Iran, the U.S., Britain, France, Russia, China, and Germany arrived in Istanbul today for talks due to start tomorrow on Iran's nuclear program.
- Western intelligence officials think North Korea could opt for a nuclear test after yesterday's embarrassing missile launch failure.
- The African Union called for an immediate withdrawal of South Sudanese forces from a Sudanese oil field in a disputed border region, warning that the hostilities between the countries could turn into a full blown and "disastrous" war.
- Fox News terminated an employee Gawker called "the Fox Mole," its attorneys warning the former O'Reilly Factor Associate Producer that his public comments "are admissions of likely criminal and civil wrongdoing".
- A second look at a Martian soil sample collected by Viking 1 in 1976 has one scientist today "99% sure there's life there".
Do you want hot links and other Reason goodies delivered to your inbox twice a day? Sign up here for Reason's morning and afternoon news updates.
New on Reason.tv: "D.C. Escalator Nightmare"