Mitt Romney's big win in Florida's GOP primary was driven by economic concerns more than social issues. In exit polls, voters also say that TV ads and debates were a big influence. But they're not that enthusiastic: Voter turnout was lower than in 2008. Romney, meanwhile, will get Secret Service protection.
- Filings released yesterday reveal that Romney's Super PAC was worth $23.6 million at the end of 2011, more than the candidate's own campaign war chest.
- Ron Paul, meanwhile, raised $13.3 million for his campaign between October 1 and December 1 of last year, with 56 percent of the donations coming from sub-$200 donors.
- President Obama still wants to implement caps on pay for government contractors.
- Spending time in space may alter human genes.
- American spy agencies believe Iran is prepared to use terrorist attacks within the country.
- Julian Assange, the man behind Wikileaks, is still fighting Sweden's extradition request. His case reached the top court in England yesterday.
- Sean Penn has been named an ambassador to Haiti.
Do you want hot links and other Reason goodies delivered to your inbox twice a day? Sign up here for Reason's morning and afternoon news updates.
New at Reason.tv: Heather Donoahue on Growing marijuana and the beauty of "grey" markets