- Pending the outcomes of an FBI civil rights investigation and an internal Fullerton PD probe, four of the six officers complicit in the death of Kelly Thomas will remain on paid administrative leave.
- Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.) becomes the first Republican to sponsor the repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act.
- Did the GOP debate audience boo a gay soldier last night? No, one person did. Did Rick Santorum answer the question horribly? Yes, apparently, because he did not begin his answer with, "I thank you for your service."
- Bank of America is looking to dump $880 million in commercial real estate–at a discount!
- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House Speaker John Boehner are set to face off yet again over a stopgap measure that would keep the government running.
- DOJ denies retoractive severence pay to gay and lesbian soldiers expelled from the military prior to repeal of DADT.
New at Reason.tv: "What We Saw at the Troy Davis Protest in D.C."