- Gun dealer to his ATF handler at the height of the "Fast and Furious" affair: "Unfortunately a consequence occurred from a weapon shall we say that found its way into the wrong area ok and that was not anticipated. Nobody could foresee that that's collateral damage I think the term is. It happened. It's terrible. That's life ok we move on." (ATF agent, according to tapes, murmurs in agreement.)
- NATO extends its days-not-weeks bombing campaign in Libya for three more months, at the end of which, the assault by Western forces on Libya will have been going on for nine months.
- Former Solyndra employee: "After we got the loan guarantee, they were just spending money left and right."
- A cop who weaved in and out of a funeral procession while running late to work, and then arrested the one mourner who objected to her behavior, has been indicted for perjury after falsely claiming that the mourner threw a bottle at her.
- The anti-immigrant group Center for Immigration Studies claims that 81 percent of the jobs created in Texas since 2007 went to legal and illegal immigrants.
- The two Democratic senators who agreed to lift their holds on the renewal of the PATRIOT Act are criticitizing the DOJ for lying about how it uses the PATRIOT Act.
- ALMOST FORGOT: Troy Davis, who may have been innocent, was murdered by the state of Georgia last night. Lawrence Brewer, a white supremacist who dragged a black man to death and refused to feel bad about it, was murdered by Texas. Commenters: Are we better off for killing our killers? Discuss!
New at Reason.tv: "Cops Vs. Cameras: The Killing of Kelly Thomas & The Power of New Media"