- The U.S. Embassy in Kabul was attacked today.
- Between 2007 and 2009, drug-war murders replaced car accidents as the top killer of Mexican youth.
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will release two imprisoned hikers.
- NYT: "With waning approval ratings and a stagnant economy, the possibility that Mr. Obama will not be re-elected has entered the political bloodstream."
- Roughly 5,400 former congressional aides became lobbyists over the last decade.
- The end of a turf war has brought the murder rate down in Tijuana.
New at Reason.tv: "Top Threats to Civil Liberties After 9/11: Q&A w Mike German of ACLU/former FBI Agent"