- The special forces troops who died in a helicopter crash Saturday were on a mission to rescue a different group of special forces troops. Joshua Foust explains why this is a problem.
- The Guardian's liveblog of the London riots.
- Spiked's Brendan O'Neill analyzes the welfare-state roots of the London riots.
- Real estate scandal embarrasses the USPS.
- Conference attendees discuss allowing concealed carry on college campuses.
- Would Rep. Paul Ryan's plan have dissuaded the S&P from downgrading the U.S.? WaPo says no.
New at Reason.tv: "Federal Education Policy with Former Assistant Secretary of Education Bill Evers"