- The ACLU alleges that Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas has an "abysmal" record, and thus shouldn't be assigned to the Kelly Thomas case.
- The New Yorker's incredible account of the hit on Osama bin Laden may contain some fabrications, but will still probably win lots of awards.
- DEA agents allegedly told Jesus Vicente Zambada Niebla that he could continue running the Sinaloa Cartel so long as he dropped dimes on fellow cartels.
- Henry Blodget on yesterday's market crash: "It's different this time, and not in a good way."
- Florida Governor Rick Scott's approval rating has risen six points since May, but he still has the worst rating of any governor in the country.
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says that 2,000 people have died in Syria's protests.
New at Reason.tv: "Rawesome Foods Raided… Again!"