- The leaders of the military say they cannot adequately prepare for more wars if Congress trims the defense budget.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin grades Boehner (who is rewriting his plan after the CBO determined it didn't save jack.)
- Wells Fargo soon to be investigated for "steering African American borrowers into high-cost subprime loans."
- Someone at ATF told someone at the White House about all the horrible things the agency was doing; no one listened.
- U.S. officials believe al-Qaeda on brink of collapse.
- A 14-year-old Mexican hitman has been sentenced to three years in juvenile prison for murder, kidnapping, and trafficking cocaine.
New at Reason.tv: The debt ceiling rap is so good I'm posting it twice.