This weekend Students For Liberty is hosting the fourth annual International Students For Liberty Conference at George Washington University in Washington, D.C.
Reason will have a significant presence at the conference this year:
- Reason.tv will be covering the event and conducting interviews with students;
- Reason Foundation is an event sponsor and will be hosting a table at the Liberty Fair from 12:15 pm—2:15 pm on Saturday, February 19 in Columbia Square; and
- Shikha Dalmia will be speaking at a Sunday morning breakout session on February 20 at 10:45 am in room 413 on "The Scope and Limits of Open Borders."
Reason's coverage of the student movement for liberty is not limited to this weekend's conference:
- Tim Cavanaugh recently sat down with Students For Liberty's Los Angeles Campus Coordinator (full interview here), and
- Michael Moynihan and Radley Balko spoke at the 2nd annual International Students For Liberty Conference on "The Greatest Threats to Liberty Today" (see Moynihan's address here and Balko's address here).
- On February 21, 2009 reason.tv Editor-in-Chief Nick Gillespie provided a keynote address at the 2nd Annual International Students For Liberty Conference entitled, "Why You're Living in the Libertarian Moment—and what you can do to keep and expand your freedom." Gillespie challenged students to think beyond petty politics and to instead live their lives "as a work of art and an act of discovery" (see Gillespie's address here).