- One in four U.S. homeowners under water on mortgage.
- Mass murder in the Philipines includes journalists, family and supporters of political candidate.
- Fed asks nine banks to submit plans on how they'll repay TARP money.
- Britain opens inquiry into Iraq war.
- South Carolina legislators begin impeachment hearings against Gov. Mark Sanford.
"By phasing out these courses, all students will have access to an inclusive model of education."
Plus: Georgia's voting roll purge draws media hype, Florida's drug law hypocrisy, and more...
Warren Lent is suing the California Coastal Commission, arguing that its power to unilaterally hand down massive fines with minimal process is unconstitutional.
A training session for graduate students urged them to prohibit students from discussing problematic views.