- Cato's Ted Galen Carpenter has a new study on what the drug war violence in Mexico means for the U.S.
- Guy buys old strip club, spends $600,000 to convert it into a family-friendly steakhouse. State liquor board refuses to grant him a license, because of the prior owner. "It's frustrating how inflexible the bureaucracy can be." Yep.
- "Anarchist hangout surrendering to market forces."
- England to make it a crime to photograph police.
- D.C.'s CCTV system neither preventing crimes nor helping to solve them.
- The Chinese good-times state executions traveling road show.
- Minneosta DA finds that cop who broke into the wrong house in response to a domestic disturbance call, then fired five shots at the frightened owner before fleeing, acted "reasonably and responsibly."