Please join reason staffers Nick Gillespie, Jesse Walker, Radley Balko, Kerry Howley, Katherine Mangu-Ward, Michael Moynihan, and David Weigel on Tuesday, July 31, 2007, as we enjoy drink specials and the most pleasant July temperatures for Washington, DC in recent memory.
We'll be gathering on the 18th Street Lounge patio (1212 18th St. NW) to celebrate:
* The publication of our August/September issue, featuring a "cover strip" by "reason's resident 'cartoon journalist,'" Peter Bagge, whose strips for Reason were recently hailed by The Washington Post's Magazine Reader columnist Peter Carlson as "funny and smart."
* Yet another record-setting month at reason online, with over with over 2.6 million visits in June!
* The publication of the 21st Annual Privatization Report by the Reason Foundation, the nonprofit that publishes reason and reason online and produces cutting-edge libertarian policy analysis on education, transportation, and many other issues.
Special Guest Stars:
* Tyler Cowen, who was recently dubbed a "cult hero" economist by New York magazine, Cowen is proprietor of two blogs, the influential Marginal Revolution and the indispensable Tyler Cowen's Ethnic Dining Guide, and author of the brand new book, Discover Your Inner Economist: Use Incentives to Fall in Love, Survive Your Next Meeting, and Motivate Your Dentist;
* Pietro Paganini, the co-founder and partner at Competere, a transatlantic communications firm based in Milan, Rome and Washington, D.C.. Paganini is also the author of Innovation: from Theory to Territory: Paradigm and Strategies in the Information Society; and
The fun starts at 6.30 and ends whenever you say it does.
Free copies of the August/September issue and reason stickers, too.
The 18th Street Lounge is located at 1212 18th St., NW, near the intersection of Jefferson Pl., 18th St. and Connecticut Ave., NW. Look for an unmarked door next to a mattress store. Walk on up and out to the back patio.
If you would like to be added to reason's DC evite list for happy hours, please send an email to email@example.com.
Come to "Reason in DC," an October 26-27 conference featuring Fox News Channel's Andrew Napolitano, MTV's Kurt Loder, Transportation Secretary Mary E. Peters, and your favorite reason staffers. Details here.