Just in case you're trying to decide whether you should attend the Democratic National Convention (website: boston04.com) or the World Science Fiction Convention (website: boston2004.com), the WorldCon folks have created a handy comparison chart. Some of my favorites:
1. We're not $10 million over budget. We don't even have a $10 million budget.
2. Our promises for the future are supposed to be fiction.
21. Secret Service has no plans to shut down major highways for us.
52. At our convention, "Star Wars" has a rather different meaning than at theirs?as perhaps does, "undocumented aliens".
55. Our attendees often swear in forms unrecognizable to the FCC.
So far, no word from the Democrats on this burning issue.