- promises Pakistan the US drone campaign in the country will end soon because the drones have “eliminated most of the threat and continue to eliminate it.” John Kerry
- The White House does not appear to believe there are any policy implications to having sexually harassing misogynists like Anthony Weiner and the mayor of San Diego represent Democrats.
- Samantha Power was sworn in as US ambassador to the UN today after the Senate approved the nomination by an 87-10 vote.
- Russia reiterated it will not suspend its crackdown on gays and gay rights activists during the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, despite claims by the IOC to the contrary.
- Seattle’s civil rights office has banned the use of the words “citizen” and “brown bag” by city employees because they could be potentially offensive.
- Morocco may legalize the cultivation of marijuana; the country already does not ban its recreational use.
- Edward Snowden has settled into an undisclosed location in Russia but misses his girlfriend. Obama may skip a planned summit with Vladimir Putin because of the issue.
- Someone new will answer to ”Doctor who?”
Have a news tip? Send it to us!