- asking the public for any clues they may have. The Department of Homeland Security, meanwhile, says there’s no evidence of a broader bombing plot. The FBI appears to be stumped by the Boston bombing,
- An envelope addressed to Senator Roger Wicker tested positive for ricin at a congressional mail facility.
- The Arizona legislature approved a bill mandating local governments that operate gun buy back programs sell the guns they acquire instead of melting them down and wasting taxpayer money.
- Mark Sanford, who resigned the governorship of South Carolina over an extramarital affair with an Argentine journalist and is now running against Stephen Colbert’s sister for the congressional seat vacated by Tim Scott, must appear in court later this week for allegedly trespassing on his ex-wife’s property.
- The government of Cyprus will be selling a portion of its gold reserves to raise money to secure an EU/IMF bailout.
- Two rockets were lobbed into southern Israel, apparently from the Egypt-controlled Sinai.
- Margaret Thatcher’s funeral is today.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.