- Francis I, formerly Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Argentina. The Roman Catholic Church's newest pope is
- President Barack Obama is meeting with House Republicans today for the first time in almost two years. He already undercut his own efforts by telling ABC News that there may be too large a divide between the two parties to come to a budget deal.
- The next places to recognize gay marriage may be New Zealand and Minnesota.
- Chinese officials are attempting assure Shanghai residents that even though 6,000 dead pigs were found in the river that provides the city’s drinking water, everything is just fine.
- Hostess’ snack division has found a buyer to the tune of $410 million. Their bread brands have already been sold off to a different company.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter: @reason247