- The U.S. economy added 155,000 new jobs in December according to government statistics.
- Newt Gingrich questions House Republicans’ strategy to fight the debt ceiling, since everyone knows they’ll just cave in the end anyway.
- NASA is mulling a plan to pull an asteroid into the moon’s orbit. What could possibly go wrong?
- A federal court rules giving the finger to a cop is protected speech.
- Al Gore may have rushed through the deal to sell Current TV to Al-Jazeera in 2012 to avoid higher taxes this year. He wouldn’t sell it to Glenn Beck though.
- Switzerland’s oldest bank is closing after pleading guilty in U.S. court to helping Americans avoid their taxes.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!