- A new Reason-Rupe poll shows Governor Scott Walker leading Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett in the Wisconsin recall election set for June 5. Though Walker leads 52-41 among likely recall voters, President Obama leads 45-41 in that group as well. Topline results, crosstabs.
- Oh look, the San Diego civilian police review board is chock-full of cops and pro-cop sentiment, according to a grand jury report.
- A fifteen-year-old honor student in Brooklyn spent three hours handcuffed to a bench at a police station after being mistaken for a shoplifting suspect and roughed up by cops. “I feel my daughter was racially profiled,” her father said. “They had no proof, just a description of a black young lady with braids.”
- Mayor Bloomberg thinks the federal government should force cities to take in immigrants. “[T]hat’s the only solution for these big, hollowed-out cities where industry has left and is never going to come back unless you get some people to move there,” he said.
- The mother of a 14-year-old American girl deported to Colombia after providing authorities with a fake name has filed a federal civil rights law suit against top officials, accusing them of illegally detaining and deporting her daughter.
- The police and firefighters unions in DC suspect foul play in personnel documents found burning in a dumpster outside the Fire Department’s training academy last week. They may have included documents sought through FOIA requests.
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content!
New at Reason.TV: "Haiti's Pepe Trade: How Secondhand American Clothes Became a First-Rate Business"