- Friends for Fullerton's Future has found a new eyewitness to Fullerton police brutally beating Kelly Thomas: "According to this account an 'Hispanic' officer had Kelly seated on a curb and had his baton in his hands during some kind of discussion that lasted several minutes, at least; at which point Kelly got up and ran. He was quickly caught from behind, punched repeatedly and spent the rest of his 'altercation' with FPD face down."
- The U.S. Government has paid contractor KBR (formerly known as Kellogg Brown & Root) $37 billion since 2001.
- Former Clinton advisor Dick Morris goes apeshit over Park51 (again).
- Army captain kills four, then self in hurricane rampage.
- Wikileaks publishes more diplomatic cables, this time without redactions.
- House Republicans are seeking changes to the United Nations that would "end funding for Palestinian refugees, limit use of U.S. funds to only purposes outlined by Congress and stop contributions to peacekeeping operations until management changes are made."
- Nats vendor saves a choking child.
New at Reason.tv: "Freedom, Science Fiction and the Singularity: A conversation with author Vernor Vinge"