Secretary of State John Kerry on Tuesday pledged full cooperation with lawmakers' queries into last year's assault on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, while his spokesman dismissed reports that whistleblowers faced retaliation.
"We're prepared to work openly and accountably to answer any of those questions," Kerry told reporters.
"I'm determined that this will be an accountable and open State Department as it has been in the past and we will continue to provide answers," he said.
The assault on the U.S. mission in Benghazi last September 11, in which U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans were killed, was a big headache for President Barack Obama's administration during the November elections.
Source: Reuters. Read full article. (link)