After Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) was assaulted by his neighbor while mowing the lawn, a surprising number of commentators have implied that he probably had it coming. In today's podcast, Reason's Matt Welch, Nick Gillespie, and Katherine Mangu-Ward discuss the ire some mainstream pundits have for libertarians.
They also talk about what Tuesday's Democratic sweep means for Trump, Donna Brazile's tell-all book about Clinton and the Democratic National Committee, and the debate over background checks following Sunday's mass shooting in Texas.
Relevant links from the show:
- Matt Welch in Reason: "Rand Paul Getting Attacked is What's Wrong with Libertarianism. Wait, What?"
- Nick Gillespie and Katherine Mangu-Ward in Reason: Capitalism debate with Jacobin
- Gaby Galvin and Casey Leins in U.S. News: "The Most Important Results of 2017 Elections, Explained"
- Scott Shackford in Reason: "Virginia Voters Toss Homophobic Lawmaker in Favor of Transgender Heavy Metal Rocker"
- Benjamin Hart in New York magazine: "Donna Brazile Says She Considered Replacing Hillary Clinton with Joe Biden in 2016"
- Jacob Sullum in Reason: "Murderers Slip Through the Screen"
Subscribe, rate, and review the Reason Podcast at iTunes. Listen at SoundCloud below:
Don't miss a single Reason podcast! (Archive here.)
Photo Credit: Rand Paul Facebook