- has killed ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, during a May air strike in Syria. "The U.S.-led military coalition fighting against Islamic State said it could not confirm the death," noted Reuters, "and several Iraqi officials told Reuters they were skeptical." Russian claims that it
- President Trump is expected to announce a new policy toward Cuba that prohibits American business dealings there from benefiting the Cuban military.
- "A nursing home operator who says he was defamed in ProPublica is ignoring the publisher with deep pockets and instead taking aim at two freelance" investigators, reports The Daily Beast.
- The American Civil Liberties Union is opposing a new "anti-human trafficking" bill that just passed the Rhode Island Senate.
- Good morning from our president
The Fake News Media hates when I use what has turned out to be my very powerful Social Media - over 100 million people! I can go around them— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 16, 2017
Photo Credit: AL DIAZ/TNS/Newscom