- 20-point polling lead over the rest of the GOP presidential field. Donald Trump now holds a
- Former Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland is dead. The musician "passed away in his sleep on a tour stop in Bloomington, Minnesota," according to a post from Weiland's Instagram account.
- The unemployment rate held steady at 5 percent last month.
- Senate Republicans blocked a series of gun-control measures pushed to a vote by their Democrat counterparts Thursday.
- German legislators have voted to send planes and equipment—but not German troops—to help fight ISIS in Syria.
- "A Maoist cult leader has been found guilty of sexually assaulting his female followers and imprisoning his own daughter in a London commune for 30 years."
- An appeals court panel will consider today whether Federal Communication Commission rules on net neutrality are legal.
New at Reason:
Brickbat: Creating a Safe Space —By Charles Oliver
Paris Climate Talks Reveal Progressivism's True Hypocrisy: Progressive politicians use concern over climate change to push the agendas they've always wanted to. —By David Harsanyi
Free Speech for Pro-Lifers: The ideals of freedom and autonomy must be put back at the heart of the pro-choice agenda. Let’s start by defending the right of the pro-life side to say whatever it wants. —By Brendan O’Neill
Did California Prop. 47 Cause State Crime Boost? Crime reformers say no, but law enforcement ready to pin blame. —By Steven Greenhut
Movie Review: Krampus: The fright before Christmas. —By Kurt Loder
Photo Credit: Scott Weiland/Instagram