The Volokh Conspiracy
Mostly law professors | Sometimes contrarian | Often libertarian | Always independent
Thanks to a generous grant from the Stanton Foundation, and to the video production work of Meredith Bragg and Austin Bragg at Reason.tv, I'm putting together a series of short, graphical YouTube videos—10 episodes to start with—explaining free speech law. We posted the first video, "7 Things You Should Know About Free Speech in Schools," several weeks ago, and have now released the second, "The Three Rules of Hate Speech and the First Amendment."
We'd love it if you
- Watched this.
- Shared this widely.
- Suggested people or organizations whom we might be willing to help spread it far and wide (obviously, the more detail on the potential contacts, the better).
- Gave us feedback on the style of the presentation, since we're always willing to change the style as we learn more.
Please post your suggestions in the comments, or e-mail me at volokh at law.ucla.edu.
Our next video, which we hope to get out in three or four weeks, will be on Fake News; future videos in the series will likely include most of these, plus maybe some others:
- Alexander Hamilton: free press pioneer.
- Free speech at college.
- Free speech on the Internet.
- Money and speech / corporations and speech.
- Speech and privacy.
- Who owns your life story?