One person is dead after an Amtrak train chartered to carry Republican senators and congressmen to a retreat collided with a truck in Virginia.
- Federal prosecutors are dropping the corruption case against Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) after failing to secure a conviction at trial.
- The director of the Centers for Disease Control, Brenda Fitzgerald, resigned in the wake of a report she had purchased tobacco stock after taking the position.
- Reps. Trey Gowdy (R–S.C.) and Bob Brady (D-Pa.) are the latest members of the House to announce they won't be seeking re-election.
- The FBI said it had "grave concerns" about the potential release of a Republican memo alleging abuse of surveillance power by…the FBI.
- The government of Australia sold off a locked filing cabinet that contained hundreds of secret documents to a secondhand store.
- A killer whale named Wikie is the first to mimic human speech.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily updates for more content.