Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.) was the only Republican to vote against Alex Azar, who was confirmed as secretary of health and human services today.
- Several Democratic mayors skipped a planned meeting at the White House today in response to a memo from Attorney General Jeff Sessions demanding 23 so-called "sanctuary" jurisdictions provide the Department of Justice records related to information-sharing with immigration law enforcement.
- Former USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar was sentenced to 140 years in prison for molesting his patients by a judge who boasted she was signing his "death warrant." The 54-year-old will have to serve a 60-year federal sentence first.
- Thousands of "anti-capitalist" demonstrators marched in Switzerland to protest the World Economic Forum and President Trump, who is attending for the first time.
- The U.S. is imposing new sanctions against North Korea.
- A letter has emerged from someone claiming to be one of three men who escaped Alcatraz in 1952, a case the FBI recently re-opened.
- What might a Quentin Tarantino Star Trek trailer look like?
Tulsi Gabbard Called Out Mainstream Media, Both Parties, Democratic Candidates for Supporting Disastrous Regime Change in the Middle East
"As president I will end these regime change wars."
The New York Times Wonders Aloud If Tulsi Gabbard's Anti-War, Anti-Establishment Message Makes Her a Stooge for Nazis and Russian Bots
The article ignores Gabbard's arguments for a less interventionist foreign policy, preferring to speculate about foreigners and fascists.
The 7th Circuit said the guard is protected by qualified immunity.
The mainstream media are channeling Dr. Zaius, the elitist orangutan from Planet of the Apes, who hid dark secrets out of misguided paternalism.
James called Trump a "bum," but he won't utter a single bad word about China's authoritarianism.